What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
4MATIC® all-wheel drive provides Mercedes-Benz models with more control, better traction, and utmost confidence on any Westport road. This all-wheel drive system, found on many Mercedes-Benz models as well as AMG® models, provides benefits like:
- More grip during harsh weather and road conditions like snow or rain
- Stronger fuel economy
- Power distributed to all wheels for a more controlled ride
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
There are four different ways the 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive system works to enhance your Norwalk drives. These different drive-enhancing benefits include:
- Torque distribution to all four tires to maximize control on any type of road condition you may face.
- The 4MATIC® AWD system monitors wheel spin to ensure each wheel is moving the way it should, ensuring better control when turning or shifting and allowing the wheels move at the speed needed to gain that control.
- This system also monitors road conditions to help adjust the brakes and engine output to match the snowy, icy, and rainy roads.
- The braking, acceleration, and steering all depend on the power in your vehicle’s tires. This force is heightened with this system as the power is sent to all four tires instead of only two.
Which Mercedes-Benz Models Have 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Whether you’re looking for a new sedan or a new luxury SUV, many of our Mercedes-Benz models can be equipped with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive. These models include:
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
You can also find this system enhancing the AMG® performance models. Browse our inventory of AMG® Mercedes-Benz models and find the right one for you.
Browse Our 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Models
Learn More at Mercedes-Benz of Fairfield
If you’re in the market for a new luxury sedan, it’s worth checking out the 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class price list. After all, the C-Class has been a leader in its class for decades, and this year’s Mercedes-Benz C-Class trim levels are offering more performance, technology, and safety features than ever before. Our guide covers…
The 2023 EQE will be the third electric vehicle from Mercedes-EQ to debut in the United States—and it’s not at all hard to see why potential buyers are waiting on the edges of their seats for its arrival. After all, this new electric sedan is based on the classic E-Class, which has become a…
The 2022 EQS has only just arrived at our Fairfield dealership, but an SUV variant of this all-new electric vehicle is already in the works and on the way! The 2023 EQS SUV features a larger cabin, seating for up to seven passengers, and a wide range of comfort and technology features that can…