2021 Mercedes-Benz GLB Towing Capacity
The 5-to-7-seat Mercedes-benz GLB offers a spacious cabin and up to 62 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded flat. However, drivers looking for the Mercedes-Benz GLB towing capacity should keep in mind that this model isn’t currently rated for heavy hauling. Still, it offers impressive cargo space, upscale cabin amenities, and powerful performance on the road in Westport.
Superior Mercedes-Benz SUV Towing Capacity
Across the lineup of Mercedes-Benz SUVs, towing capacity specs make quick work of the competition. If you were hoping to learn more about the Mercedes-Benz GLB towing capacity, you may want to consider one of the following models instead:
- Need an SUV that can haul heavy cargo to your campsite? The Mercedes-Benz GLC can tow up to 3,500 pounds, making it a real contender when it comes to tough tasks.
- If you need a family-friendly model with seating for 7, the Mercedes-Benz GLS has the features and towing ability you need.
GLB Performance: Rock-Solid Reliability
If your priorities lie elsewhere, the Mercedes-Benz GLB towing capacity isn’t going to be a deciding factor. A true performer on the road, the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLB offers a lineup of potent engines to get you up to speed—and then some. Explore the GLB engine options and specs, below: A 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine comes standard on both the GLB 250 and the GLB 250 4MATIC®, mated to an 8G-DCT® 8-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. That can mean a major upgrade for your Norwalk and Weston drives:
- 221 hp @ 5,500 rpm & 258 lb-ft of torque @ 1,800 – 4,000 rpm
- Acceleration from 0 to 60 in 6.9 seconds
- 23 mpg city, 31 mpg highway* (front-wheel drive)
- 23 mpg city, 30 mpg highway* (4MATIC® all-wheel drive)
Looking for an upgrade? The high-performance AMG© model comes equipped with an AMG®-enhanced 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine paired with an AMG® SPEEDSHIFT® DCT 8-speed dual-clutch transmission. Together, they provide explosive speed and power:
- 302 hp @ 5,800 – 6,100 rpm & 295 lb-ft of torque @ 3,000 – 4,000 rpm
- Acceleration from 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds
- 21 mpg city, 26 mpg highway* (AMG® Performance 4MATIC® all-wheel drive)
Maximizing Your GLB Cargo Space
You may not be able to hitch a trailer to your GLB, but its generous cargo area is configurable for all kinds of cargo. Here’s how much room you’ll find inside:
With seating for five:
- 22 cubic feet with all seats upright
- 62 cubic feet with the rear seats flat
With seating for seven:
- 5.1 cubic feet with all seats upright
- 20.1 cubic feet with the third row flat
- 56.7 cubic feet with all rear seats flat
Auto experts in the U.S. News and World Report note that the GLB boasts “one of the largest cargo capacities in the luxury compact SUV class.” There are other perks, too:
- 40/20/40 split-folding second row seats offer flexible cargo solutions.
- Available 50/50 split-folding third-row bench.
- HANDS-FREE ACCESS® to the cargo bay is available with the Premium Package.
Find the Right Mercedes-Benz SUV for You in Fairfield!
Ready to move forward with a new Mercedes-Benz SUV? Browse our inventory online and contact us to schedule a test drive. If you do need an SUV that can haul heavy, browse our virtual showroom to compare Mercedes-Benz SUV towing capacity specs. At Mercedes-Benz of Fairfield, we’re here to help you find a vehicle that offers the performance and features you need in Trumble!