A-Class vs. Other Mercedes-Benz Sedans
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan is a new arrival here in the U.S., but it’s already making a name for itself with a capable turbocharged engine and the revolutionary new Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) infotainment system. So, does it stack up to the C-Class, E-Class, and S-Class? Compare the new A-Class vs. other Mercedes-Benz sedans below!
Mercedes-Benz A-Class vs. C-Class
- Price: The 2019 Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan has a starting MSRP of $32,500, making it a more cost-effective option for first-time buyers. The 2019 Mercedes-Class C-Class sedan starts at $41,400.
- Performance: The A-Class is offered in two trims — both of which are equipped with a 188-hp 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine rated at 221 lb-ft of torque. The C-Class Sedan’s power ranges from 255 to 503 hp and 273 to 516 lb-ft of torque. The 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system is available for both.
- Safety: You’ll find many of the same safety features on the A-Class and C-Class, such as ATTENTION ASSIST®, Active Brake Assist, and LED headlamps. Features like Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Assist are optional for both, but only the A-Class is available with PRESAFE® Sound.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class vs. E-Class
- Price: As the brand’s midsize sedan, the 2019 Mercedes-Benz E-Class has a starting MSRP of $53,500.
- Fuel Economy: With its base 241-hp 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine, the 2019 E 300 earns 21 mpg city/30 mpg highway. EPA estimates haven’t been released for the A-Class as of this writing, but The Car Connection speculates they’ll be even greater than the CLA FWD’s, which are 24 mpg city/37 mpg highway
- Technology: The E-Class is one of the techiest sedans on the market, but the A-Class hasn’t arrived empty-handed. MBUX with a “Hey, Mercedes-Benz” voice activation feature makes it a great pick for Norwalk drivers who want ultra-modern technology, but also don’t need features like the E-Class Sedan’s 64-color ambient lighting.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class vs. S-Class
- Price: The 2019 Mercedes-Benz S-Class is the range-topping sedan in the lineup and has a starting MSRP of $91,250.
- Performance: The A-Class is geared more toward everyday travel, and offers a blend of power and efficiency. The S-Class is renowned for its performance and ranges from 362 to 621 hp and 369 to 738 lb-ft of torque.
- Packages: Both models offer the AMG® Line Exterior Package, Premium Package, and Driver Assistance Package, so you can outfit your vehicle with features like AMG® body styling and Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®.
Compare Mercedes-Benz Sedans at Mercedes-Benz of Fairfield!
Compared to the C-Class, E-Class, and S-Class, the A-Class is less expensive and offers an exciting range of features for the price. Interested in how the other models compare? Learn more about the C-Class vs. E-Class, A-Class vs. Audi A3, or A-Class vs. BMW 1-Series! When you’re ready, contact us to schedule a test drive near Weston, and we’ll help you choose the right sedan for daily errands and exploring the best restaurants in Fairfield!
Looking for something sportier than a sedan? Explore the Mercedes-Benz Cabriolet lineup!