A Guide to the All-New 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB
The Mercedes-Benz GLB is all-new for 2020, and it’s already available at our dealership! This compact luxury crossover sits between the even more compact GLA and the larger GLC, which qualifies as a full-blown SUV. Before you get behind the wheel of a new GLB for sale in Fairfield, take advantage of our guide to find out exactly what it’s offering.
Mercedes-Benz GLB: An Overview
Wondering if it’s the right choice for your daily drives and adventures? Here’s what you should know off the bat:
- Dimensions and Seating: The GLB exterior dimensions qualify it as a compact crossover, and its chassis is based on that of the A-Class sedan. However, the Mercedes-Benz GLB can be configured with two or three rows of seating, so you can travel with up to seven passengers.
- Engines and Performance: Currently, the GLB is only available with a 2.0L turbocharged inline-4. It has more than enough power to propel this lithe and lightweight crossover, but performance enthusiasts may wish to wait until the Mercedes-AMG® GLB 35 is released in MY2021.
- Features and Appearance: The all-new GLB is one of the first models to receive MBUX–an intelligent multimedia center with next-generation natural language voice commands. Visually, the GLB looks a lot like a classic, boxy SUV, causing some reviewers to compare it to the off-road-ready G Class.
Like what you’ve seen so far? Let’s dig a little deeper.
Mercedes-Benz GLB Specs and Features
2020 GLB Pricing
- First things first: You can secure the base Mercedes-Benz GLB 250 SUV for as little as $36,600 MSRP*.
- Interested in sharper handling and superior traction? Upgrade with the Mercedes-Benz GLB 250 4MATIC® SUV for $38,600 * MSRP.
2020 GLB Performance
- The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB is powered by a 2.0L turbocharged inline-4 engine, which offers 221 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque.
- Models with front-wheel drive get 23 mpg city and 30 mpg highway. With 4MATIC® AWD equipped, you’ll do even better with 23 mpg city and 31 mpg highway.
- All models are paired with the 8G-DCT® 8-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
2020 GLB Dimensions
- Although it measures just 182.4 inches from bumper to bumper, the GLB can seat either five or seven passengers, with an optional third row. The wheelbase is 111.4 inches, and with a height of 65.3 inches, you’ll enjoy excellent visibility.
- Inside, there’s enough room for everyone to get comfortable. Legroom remains especially impressive across the entire cabin, with 41.1 inches in the first row, 38.1 inches in the second, and 29.1 inches in the third.
- In its five-passenger configuration, the GLB offers up to 62.0 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded. That’s significantly more than similarly-sized competitors from BMW and Audi.
2020 GLB Features
Even the base model includes all of the luxuries that you’d expect from a Mercedes-Benz SUV in this price range. Here’s what to look for on your test drive:
- Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX)
- Voice Control with Natural Language Understanding
- 7-inch digital instrument cluster
- 7-inch touchscreen multimedia display
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Four USB-C ports
- 40/20/40-split folding 2nd-row seats
- Power front seats with 3-position memory
- MB-Tex® upholstery
- Remote Start via Mercedes me
- And so much more!
Of course, you’ll also have plenty of packages and optional upgrades to consider! Give us a call or stop in today to learn more about available features for your Norwalk and Weston drives. Or, take a closer look at the Mercedes-Benz GLB features online.
There’s No Substitute for a Test Drive!
The all-new 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB stands out, and once you’re behind the wheel, you’ll have no trouble seeing why. Visit us today, check out our new GLB inventory in person, or act now to schedule a test drive you’ll remember forever!