What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®?
ATTENTION ASSIST® from Mercedes-Benz is an industry first. What does it do? It works to keep you safe on extended drives around Westport or Norwalk by monitoring your drowsiness levels. If certain behaviors are detected during your commute, the system notifies you it’s time to rest. Read on to learn more about the ATTENTION ASSIST® “take a break” Mercedes-Benz feature and which new models offer it!
ATTENTION ASSIST®: How Does it Work?
Using a highly sensitive sensor and algorithm, ATTENTION ASSIST® picks up on the early signs of driver fatigue. Here’s how:
- The system begins evaluating your driving behaviors shortly after you begin your journey. It uses over 70 driving parameters to assess your responsiveness and alertness
- Those 70 driving parameters include certain steering corrections that could indicate you’re becoming drowsy. The way you interact with controls, switches, and buttons is also taken into account.
- In addition to your driving behaviors, ATTENTION ASSIST® scans your driving environment, including the weather and road conditions.
- If the system considers all these factors and concludes that you need a break, it’ll notify you in the driver information center.
How Can I Get ATTENTION ASSIST®?
ATTENTION ASSIST® has become a staple in Mercedes-Benz safety technology and is standard on most new models. It works alongside other active safety features like Blind Spot Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, and 4MATIC® all-wheel drive to help you stay safe on Weston roads. Interested in this attention assistance system? Here’s a list of Mercedes-Benz vehicles that offer it:
- Sedans, Coupes, & Cabriolets: CLA, C-Class, E-Class, CLS, and S-Class
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
- Roadsters: SLC, SL, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Commercial Vans: Standard on all Metris models
Explore Mercedes-Benz Technologies at Mercedes-Benz of Fairfield!
Contact us at Mercedes-Benz of Fairfield to schedule a test drive near Westport and Norwalk! In addition to test-driving a new model, you can learn more about Mercedes-Benz technologies like DISTRONIC PLUS®, PRESAFE®, or BlueTEC®. If a new A-Class sedan is on your radar, feel free to check out our Mercedes-Benz A-Class technology guide to learn more about the features in this model. While you’re here, don’t forget to ask about our current new vehicle specials!